Breakout Sessions: Refugee & Immigration 101
Refugee and Immigration 101 is intended to provide an overview of the U.S. immigration system and what it means to be a refugee or immigrant in the U.S. today. The information presented will include a look at U.S. immigration history, immigration laws and policies, community integration, and the benefits of immigrants in our community.
The goals of this presentation are to provide a better understanding of:
- what does it mean to be an immigrant? a refugee? an undocumented person?
- how is immigration different than it was 100 to 150 years ago?
- how do individuals come to the U.S.?
- how do newcomers become a part of the communities they join?
- how do immigrants benefit our communities?
Download presentation: Immigration and Refugees 101